Jeans are undoubtedly one of the most favorite pieces of apparel. Just take into consideration the great variety of jeans there is: starting from skinny once, flared, boyfriend jeans, colored, low-rise, high-rise, straight cut, capris, etc. there is a pair of jeans for every mood and every occasion.
Type of jeans is shaping the look
When choosing accessories to accompany jeans, bear in mind the type of denim you wear. Here are some examples of what goes well with any particular type of jeans. This by no means is a complete list – it’s merely a reminder to think about the type of jeans you wear and what is suitable for them and what is not.
- Skinny jeans look best with high heels that elongate your legs and have a slimming effect. Billowy top or a long tunic paired with skinnies balances your whole look.
- Flared jeans go with button down shirts, blazers, fitted tops, tanks, heels and chunky wedges.
- Boyfriend jeans can be worn with a tucked in a t-shirt (or tank top) and a jacket for a fuss-free look. They also look wonderful with crop tops.
What fits well with jeans
As it comes to accessories, the selection is endless. Here are some of the ideas:
- Head Chain is a kind of boho chic accessory that is reminiscent of the 70s and is very on-trend right now.
- A body chain is very sexy with basic jeans and a slinky tank or crop top. Pair with your beloved high heels and you’re ready to paint the town red.
- In general, arm candy refers to a bunch of stacked bracelets and bangles. They can be both chunky or delicate – it all depends on you. You can even throw in a watch into the mix. This goes well with a relatively simple t-shirt and jeans outfit.
- Metallic sandals look amazing on practically any style of jeans and they’re insanely comfortable! Now that’s what is a win-win.
- Statement handbags have attained cult level popularity for a good reason. If chosen properly, they can instantly make heads turn.
- Boots and jeans are a classic look that will never go out of style. You can choose from casual ankle boots, statement cowboy boots, sleek riding boots, or very sexy tall boots. Indeed, you can’t go wrong with a white button-down shirt, jeans, and over the knee boots.
- Headbands are the perfect boho chic accessory for the girly girl. Throw on a cute headband along with your favorite jeans and top and you are ready to go.
- Baseball cap goes perfectly with jeans. It not only protects from the sun but also adds that cute tomboy touch to your look.
- Don’t be afraid to add a few fun badges to your jeans. You can either stitch them on or buy the ones with pins for a temporary fun look.
We all have our favorite pair of denim that we wear for different occasions. Don’t forget to add some splendid accessories to your look and you will turn your regular outfit to the whole new levels. Know some rules, but also don’t be afraid to experiment!